Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I save my username and password for future logins?
- How do I run a vehicle history report?
- Does CARFAX have a glossary of terms used in the vehicle history reports?
- I would like to contact a state DMV, do you have contact information for them?
- I need to correct some vehicle history information with a vehicle that my company is insuring/financing, how can I do that?
- I have heard that CARFAX has a "Buyback Guarantee"? Where can I find more information about it?
- Where does CARFAX get its data?
- Questions about your invoices or billing statement?
- What is the "Minimum Billing Adjustment" on my invoice?
- Does CARFAX offer any marketing materials to help me identify auto loan prospects?
How can I save my username and password for future logins?
When you check the "Save Username and Password" box on the sign-in screen and then click go, we securely store your login information. This way, you do not have to re-enter the information each time you return to CarfaxBIG.com.
If you wish to "un-save" your login information, please click on the logout button located above the main menu bar. By doing this, you will be asked to enter your Username and Password each time you visit the CarfaxBIG.com site.
How do I run a Vehicle History Report?
Log on to www.CarfaxBIG.com
- Enter your CARFAX Username and Password and then click GO (if you've previously saved your Username and Password, you will bypass this step).
- Enter the 17-character VIN, an optional reference number and click GO!
- View your Vehicle History Report. If you have entered an optional reference number, this will appear at the top of the report for printing purposes.
Does CARFAX have a glossary of terms used in the Vehicle History Report?
Yes, click here to obtain a list of commonly used terms.
I would like to contact a state DMV, do you have contact information for them?
|Province/Territory:||DMV website:||Phone Number:|
|Alberta||AB Alberta Registries||(403) 297-4210|
|British Columbia||BC Motor Vehicle Branch||(250) 387-6824|
|Manitoba||MB Division of Driver & Vehicle Licensing||(204) 945-6850|
|New Brunswick||NB Motor Vehicle Branch||(506) 453-2140|
|Newfoundland||NF Motor Registration Division||(709) 729-2509|
|Nova Scotia||NS Registry of Motor Vehicles||(902) 424-5851|
|Ontario||ON Safety & Transportation Division||(416) 235-2999|
|Prince Edward Island||PEI Highway Safety Division||(902) 368-5200|
|Quebec||QU Société de l'assurance automobile||(800) 361-7620|
|Saskatchewan||SK Saskatchewan Government Insurance||(306) 751-1200|
|Yukon Territory||YNT Yukon Territory Community & Transportation Service||(403) 667-5315|
Please note, these numbers are subject to change without notice. CARFAX will make every effort to correct these numbers as changes become available.
I need to correct some vehicle history information with a vehicle that my company is insuring/financing, how can I do that?
You can do this by logging into your account and submitting a Data Research Request.
I have heard that CARFAX has a "Buyback Guarantee"? Where can I find more information about it?
Where does CARFAX get its data?
You can find more information on CARFAX data sources here.
Questions about your invoice or billing statement?
Invoices are generated at the beginning of every month for the prior months usage. They are usually mailed out between the 5th and 10th of the month. Subscribers have the option to add their monthly usage details to each invoice at no additional charge. Please contact your Account Manager to have that added.
Wire Transfer for International Accounts (Contact your Account Manager for details)
What is the "Minimum Billing Adjustment" on my invoice?
This adjustment is the difference between an account's usage during the month and the minimum monthly fee as designated on your subscriber agreement.
If you have submitted a payment that has not posted to your account, please contact your Account Manager with the following information: Check Date, Check Amount and Check Number. If you show the check has already been processed, you can speed the research process up by faxing a copy of the processed check (front and back) to your Account Manager's attention at 888-648-2716.
Does CARFAX offer any marketing materials to help me identify auto loan prospects?
We know that CARFAX Vehicles History Reports are a valuable resource for your customers, and we're here to help you spread the word. CARFAX offers you marketing materials such as web banners, desk standee, brochures and lobby door stickers designed to help you identify prospects who are in the market for a used vehicle loan.
You can order these materials online, or contact your CARFAX representative to discuss your particular needs. Either way, we're here to provide you whatever materials will work best for you.
For additional questions please contact us at 800-789-6232 or email@example.com